SOLAR GARDENS TASTING STUDIOGOURMET OILS (Flavour-Infused, Specialty & Varietal)
*Indicates NEW FLAVOURS for 2021*
We carry all the popular flavours as well as some unique items that will keep you coming back again and again!
Fresh, early harvested, cold-pressed, unfiltered, unrefined EVOO, this unique blend is a super concoction of health fighting antioxidants, polyephenols, and omega oils. All of our Extra Virgin olive oils are gluten free, dairy free with no added sugars, artificial sweeteners, artificial colouring or artificial flavouring.
All our oils, balsamics and specialty vinegars are hand-filled in a standard 200ml dark green coloured glass bottle, corked and shrink banded (in one of our two Public Health Authority approved facilities).Flavour-Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oils
Varietal Extra Virgin Olive Oils
- Artichoke* - The Artichoke is one of the most popular winter month edible flower buds of the Mediterranean. You’ll be hard pressed to find a savoury recipe that isn’t improved with a little of this olive oil. Sure to be a quick and easy favourite for pasta dishes. Drizzle over roasted vegetables. Mix into mashed potatoes. Top off risotto just before serving. Add to hummus or grab a good loaf of bread and start dipping.
- Bacon - Avoid the saturated fat and substitute this delectable extra virgin olive oil wherever you love bacon flavour! Add sweet, salty and smoky goodness to your warm spinach salads or use to top your potato skins. Add a little salt when cooking to enhance the flavor to new heights!
- Basil - Distinctive basil flavour in an extra virgin olive oil. It is perfect for grilling and sautéing or tossing in with pasta. Drizzle it on tomatoes, steamed vegetables, fall soups and soft cheeses.
- Blood Orange - Blend with our Cranberry/Pear White Balsamic Vinegar for a lively, tart vinaigrette. Use in place of the oil in any recipe for a hint of orange flavour. Try in baked goods, add a new twist to Asian cooking or use to sauté salmon or scallops.
- Black Garlic* - The syrupy sweet flavour of black garlic is sure to enrich your cuisine with a dash of Mediterranean gusto. Tasting notes similar to a truffle oil. Smoky, sweet and earthy. This finishing Olive Oil is best used for pasta dishes, grilled vegetables and fish.
- Butter - You can still keep the flavour of butter intact but treat your family to better health by using this special olive oil in many of your recipes. Drizzle over fresh bread or rosemary focaccia from pur Avalon bakery or try it with steamed vegetables or grilled fish and of course popcorn!
- Chipotle - Chipotle Olive Oil has all the smoky flavour of chipotle (smoke-dried jalapeno chilies) oand its heat is primarily noticeable after you swallow. Deep red in colour. Drizzle over focaccia bread or pizza dough, or use to finish soups, pasta or grain dishes. Use it when marinating steaks or brush it over grilled chicken, seafood or veggies. Pair with our Pineapple White, Tangerine or Cherry Balsamic vinegar for sweet and spicy vinaigrette.
- Chive - Enjoy our chive olive oil as a drizzling oil over roasted potatoes (combine with our bacon and butter for a "baked potazato" taste extravaganza). As with all of our olive oils this is an extra virgin olive oil, which is a great topper for potato soup, use to poach salmon or just simply to scramble eggs.
- Cilantro Lime - A fresh and tangy combination of aromatic cilantro and vibrant lime. Perfect to zest up your favourite marinades, salad dressings and salsas.
- Cumin - Aromatic cumin is used to add an earthy element of flavour with an almost sweet hint of pine and lemon. A perfect addition to your favourite hummus recipe, any meat or poultry, or also try sautéing with your favourite vegetable, especially eggplant or squash.
- Cumin Lime - Take the great aromatic and earthy flavours in cumin and add a little zing with the citrus of lime. A great way to brighten up any Indian, Mexican or Asian dish. This EVOO is a versatile ingredient in a salad or slaw dressing.
- Dill -Try this dill flavoured extra virgin olive oil as the perfect oil to sauté salmon or in a creamy aioli for potato salad. A beautifully aromatic oil, it is also great in salad dressings or for roasting potatoes.
- Garlic -Try drizzling over roasted potatoes, pasta, or for marinating your grilling meats. Great as a bread-dipper, or for brushing over a warm slice of bread, focaccia, or bruschetta.
- Garlic Cilantro - A perfect ingredient for your next salad dressing. Pair it with one of our citrus balsamics for a flavourful bright combination. A savoury blend that is often described as aromatic and zesty with notes of sage and citrus, balanced with a subtle garlic attitude.
- Habanero - This oil is spicy! For serious hot pepper fans, with thetrue flavour of habanero peppers. This is wonderful drizzled over fish, chicken, veggies or pasta. Drizzle over anything that you think could use an extra spicy “kick”. Pair with our Lemon, Apricot, Raspberry or Black Currant Dark Balsamic Vinegars.
- Habanero Garlic - Spicy habanero provides a spicy kick to garlic olive oil. A perfect combination of heat and sweet garlic that can be used for sautéing vegetables, to cook seafood (add some Meyer Lemon olive oil) or for a marinade for chicken.
- Harissa - Is a North African pepper paste staple, containing roasted red & green chili peppers coupled with garlic, coriander and saffron.The inviting aromas are perfectly balanced and add a unique smoky and spicy flavour to your dish. Pairs well with our Mango white balsamic for a spicy & sweet combo. Use in stir-fries to add a layer of flavour.
- Italian Herb - This one makes your mouth water! A great combination of garlic, basil, rosemary and oregano. It's great for dipping, sautéing or used as finishing oil. It has a vibrant herb flavour which would be great brushed on your grilled meats. Also try in pasta, drizzle on blue cheese, roasted potatoes and on your vegetables. Serve with bread or even drizzled on popcorn.
- Jalapeno - Jalapeno chilies bring a touch of southwest flavour to your chicken, beef or seafood. Excellent for dipping or as a finishing oil for soups, pasta or grain dishes. Use in cornbread. Brush on kabobs, chicken or corn before grilling. Pairs well with Peach White Balsamic, Espresso Dark Balsamic, Chocolate Dark Balsamic and Pineapple White Balsamic.
- Jalapeno Garlic - The flavour of spicy jalapeños and garlic ending with a slight slow burn. Great drizzled on pizza or pasta. Add to sautéed veggies for a little kick. Try scrambling some eggs with this oil too!
- Jalapeno Lime - The flavour of jalapeños, lime and a touch of heat. A favourite for bread-dipping. Drizzle over any white fish, scallops or salmon sashimi. Try it as a finishing touch on your guacamole or chicken tacos.
- Lemon Pepper - Transform a so-so dish into a meal to remember. Perfect on poultry or any white fish, this combination of cracked black peppercorns and tangy lemon zest will add citrus flavour with a peppery kick.
- Meyer Lemon - Meyer lemons are a cross between oranges and lemons, creating a sweet flavor with less of a bite than regular lemons. Drizzle on fish fillets before you bake or broil. Also excellent on salads, vegetables and in marinades. Lemon chicken will never be the same! Perfect for sautéing shrimp or scallops. Pair with Blueberry or Raspberry Dark Balsamic or Jalapeno White Balsamic.
- Mushroom Lovers - Four different mushroom flavours: Porcini, Portobello, Shiitake and Wild Mushrooms. Great with pasta, drizzle on steaks or chicken dishes.
- Oregano - Great on pastas and rice. Also use on meats and in sauces. Mix with your favourite balsamic for a wonderful bread dip or dressing.
- Parmesan Cheese - A wonderful dipping oil to add your favourite seasonings to or use on pastas, rice, and salads. It is delicious drizzled over a baguette and then grilled. Popcorn too!
- Parmesan & Basil - The flavours of pesto sauce. Try on pasta and rice, focaccia bread or as a bread dipping oil.
- Parmesan & Garlic - A wonderful dipping oil to add your favourite Italian seasonings or use on pastas, rice or salads. It is delicious.
- Parmesan, Garlic & Rosemary - A great flavour combination. Try on pasta, in a risotto or as a bread dipping oil.
- Persian Lime – Also known as Tahitian Lime. Less acidic than key limes. Fantastic with fish, poultry, marinades and dressings. Great paired with our Dark Blackberry Ginger, Mango or Jalapeno Balsamic.
- Porcini Mushroom – For mushroom lovers. Beware - woodsy, earthy, rich pungent mushroom taste! Known for its' versatility, porcini olive oil can be added easily to soups, salads, pastas or risotto.
- Portobello & Garlic - Another wonderful mushroom flavour with the added touch of garlic. Use to grill your cheese sandwich or sauté meats.
- Raspberry* - Light and fruity, this olive oil showcases the tangy and sweet flavour of fresh raspberries. Try using this to make pancakes for a light fruity touch or substitute in your favourite cake recipe (for the vegetable oil). This is also an easy flexible choice to use when making vinaigrettes. Combine with our Traditional Dark Balsamic to make a sweet marinade for chicken or pork.
- Roasted Chili - This combination of fruity extra virgin olive oil infused with roasted chili will bombard your senses. Perfect for general pan frying and sautéing as well as salads and of course, a terrific bread dip. Jazz up those scrambled eggs. Drizzle over your pizza for a punch of flavor. Marinate shredded chicken or pork for fajitas or enchilada filling.
- Roasted Chili & Garlic - Fire-roasted chili flavour with the unmistakable addition of roasted garlic. Use to sauté pretty much any vegetables for a spicy side dish. Also a great marinade for steak or chicken.
- Roasted Chili & Lime - Spicy and tangy, great as a marinade or with chicken, meat and fish dishes. Great on popcorn too!
- Roasted Garlic -Try it on salads, for bread dipping, in marinades and wherever a rich buttery garlic flavour is desired. We love it on roasted and mashed potatoes, and roasted vegetables.It produces divine Sautéed Spinach and Garlic Shrimp, and it is a treat served on popcorn topped with grated cheese. Mix it with Basil Olive Oil for a customer favourite Garlic-Basil blend. It can be softened by adding some light varietal (unflavoured) EVOO.
- Rosemary - This oil has a light rosemary flavour that is wonderful on salads. Use with many meats and especially great on chicken. Drizzle on tomatoes, steamed vegetables, soups and soft cheeses.
- Shallot Garlic - Shallots exhibit a soft onion-type flavour, making them so easy to incorporate into recipes. With added garlic, this oil is super easy to use. It adds great taste to pastas and salads, or make a bread dip with your favourite seasoning, or use to sauté veggies.
- Smoked* - An aromatic extra virgin olive oil, infused with natural wood-smoke flavour. Partners well with everything from meats and poultry to vegetables and fresh bread.
- Strawberry* - Light and fruity, this olive oil showcases the delicate flavour of fresh strawberries. A brilliant addition to spinach salad and walnuts. Replace vegetable oil in your yellow cake mix recipe for a light strawberry flavour or cook your pancakes and French toast in it. Pairs excellent with lemon, rich dark chocolate balsamic.
- Strawberry & Basil* - A blend of our Strawberry EVOO and Basil EVOO, enjoy a combination of sweet fruit with bright herbal notes. Use to create a delicious dressing for a spinach salad. Combine with our White Wine Vinegar and Dijon mustard to make a vinaigrette, then add toasted pecans and creamy Feta cheese.
- Sundried Tomato, Parmesan & Garlic - A wonderful dipping oil to add your favourite Italian seasonings or use on pastas, rice and salads. It is delicious. Drizzle some on a baguette and grill to make awesome crostini.
- Tarragon - The French consider tarragon the "King of Herbs," and you will, too, after using this classic, aromatic extra virgin olive oil. Its licorice-like essence is captured beautifully to help you enhance the flavour of chicken, lasagna, fish and egg dishes. Blend with our Grapefruit White Balsamic for a taste sensation.
- Wild Mushroom & Sage - The earthy flavor of mushrooms paired with sage. Use on a wide variety of meats, vegetables or side dishes. Add it to stew or soup. Drizzle on your turkey stuffing! Pair with Lemon White Balsamic for a wonderful vinaigrette.
- Zesty Onion - With a little chipotle kick, this onion flavoured EVOO is a versatile option. Don't waste time sautéing onions when you can let this oil do all the work for you! Use this oil when cooking meats, making soups and marinating chicken or pork. Use in your favourite salad dressing or as a bread dip.
Specialty Extra Virgin Olive Oils
- Avocado - Avocado oil is relatively new to the culinary world. Like olive oil, avocado oil is pressed from the pulp surrounding the pit. It is great for sautéing or frying as it has an unusually high smoke point. As for health benefits, it is high in monounsaturated fats and vitamin E. Use it for sautéing, stir-frying, grilling, baking, or as a base for a salad dressing. Add to hummus.
- Avocado Garlic - Great for sautéing vegetables or breakfast potatoes. Brush on steaks or chicken for high temperature grilling. Great for marinades too.
- Avocado Lemon - With a high smoke point, this is great for sautéing items such as scallops, shrimp, white fish and salmon. Could be used with a load of freshly ground pepper, sea salt and garlic for a fantastic Lemon Pepper Chicken.
- Black Truffle - This oil has an earthy mushroom flavour. A fantastic complement to cream-based soups, risotto, mashed and roasted potatoes....and popcorn!
- Black Truffle & Garlic* - Invigorate your senses with the sublime flavor of Black Truffles and Garlic. Transform any humble dish from simple to sumptuously intense with this gourmet flavour. Use on lobster, red meats, caviar, cream sauces, pasta and rice, aged hard cheeses, arugula and mixed greens salads.
- Roasted Walnut - Our Roasted Walnut oil is produced in France and adds a rich walnut taste to salad dressing, pasta, grilled meat, fresh baked pastries and makes a great bread dip. Shake up with equal amounts of our Green Apple or Blackberry-Ginger Dark Balsamic Vinegars for an unforgettable vinaigrette! (CONTAINS NUT OIL)
- Toasted Sesame -This sesame oil is tremendous with Honey Ginger Dark Balsamic or Coconut White Balsamic when used to make an amazing marinade for chicken or vinaigrette for an Asian chicken salad. Also, try marinating flank steak in Sesame Oil with Honey Ginger Dark Balsamic for a delightful spin on steak. Sesame seed oil has a high proportion (41%) of polyunsaturated (Omega-6) fatty acids and is also a great source of anti-oxidants. It is often used as a flavour enhancer in Chinese, Japanese, Middle Eastern, Korean, and Southeast Asian cuisine.
- Toasted Sesame with Lemongrass & Ginger*-Combine with fish sauce, soy sauce, lime juice and sugar for a savoury Asian salad dressing. Use cucumber, cilantro, toasted peanuts or cashews, red peppers and onions in the salad. Top a chicken breast or pan-seared salmon fillet with this toasted sesame lemongrass ginger oil. Sesame seed oil has a high proportion (41%) of polyunsaturated (Omega-6) fatty acids and is also a great source of anti-oxidants. It is often used as a flavour enhancer in Chinese, Japanese, Middle Eastern, Korean, and Southeast Asian cuisine.
- Toasted Sesame with Ginger & Garlic* - This sesame oil is combined with garlic and ginger to create the warm, rich and aromatic flavours of the Orient. Add to stir fries, sprinkle over green beans or broccoli or add to salmon, tuna or scallops. Great for Asian dumplings! Once cooked, toss with oil and sauté the dumplings until crispy and flavorful. Toss chicken wings with teriyaki sauce and pan fry with this oil to kick up the flavor a notch. Sesame seed oil has a high proportion (41%) of polyunsaturated (Omega-6) fatty acids and is also a great source of anti-oxidants. It is often used as a flavour enhancer in Chinese, Japanese, Middle Eastern, Korean, and Southeast Asian cuisine.
- White Truffle - A connoisseur’s olive oil. Makes a great finishing oil for many Mediterranean dishes, in mashed potatoes or try it drizzled on popcorn! It also makes an amazing aioli. A little goes a long way, so use sparingly!
- WhiteTruffle & Garlic* - Rich and sweet with a beautiful garlic note. Pair with Traditional, Black Garlic or Cranberry and Raspberry Dark Balsamic vinegar.Varietal Extra Virgin Olive Oils
58. Australian Barnea*
- Barnea olives produce oils with notes of sweet almonds and sometimes banana. Some of the best Barnea extra virgin olive oils come from Australia, where olive cultivation and oil production have been perfected and our Australian Barnea is a terrific example. Aroma notes of apple with a mild fruity flavour with a hint of almond. In addition to the mild flavour, the low fatty acids and peroxide levels make Barnea olive oil ideal for baking. Pairs well with fruitier balsamic vinegars like our Strawberry, Cherry or Blueberry balsamic. Ideal as vinaigrette.
59. Australian Manzanillo*
- The flavour category would be considered "Robust", which makes it's great to use in soups, stews, roasted meats or as a finishing oil to add flavour and depth to your favourite dishes. It has a complex artichoke nose, tomato leaf flavour with complementary bitterness and lingering pepperiness.
60. Chilean Arbequina
- Chilean Arbequina is often taken by the tablespoon as a nutritional supplement. Use this oil raw over seafood and vegetables. It is delicious when paired with our Fig, Cranberry, Walnut & Strawberry, Vanilla or Orange Balsamic vinegars.
61. Chilean Arbosana
- Arbosana is often taken by the tablespoon as a nutritional supplement. It contains hints of apple with a nutty flavour. Light and buttery in consistency, with a pungent and bitter-yet-smooth finish. Drizzle over fish or lobster to enjoy the richness of butter without the guilt! Also delicious with breads or in salads when paired with our Blueberry Dark Balsamic, Coconut & Lime White or Grapefruit White Balsamic vinegars.
62. Greek Koroneiki
- Strong, rich and dark green Greek Olive flavour. Koroneiki is fabulous as finishing oil with any salad and all vegetable dishes. Enjoy over bean salads, grilled vegetable dishes, meats and roasts.
63. Greek Kalamata*
- Kalamata Olives are synonymous with Greece. Rated as one of the healthiest olive oils to consume. Fruity aroma, medium to robust intensity with a well balanced mild peppery finish. Flavour is earthy and stunningly delicious. Pair it with Walnut & Strawberry Balsamic for a refreshing salad dressing. Combine with Garlic or Black Garlic Balsamic for basting meats or drizzle over vegetables before broiling. A favourite for dipping, and we love it in mashed potatoes. Pair with Green Apple White Balsamic Vinegar, Strawberry Balsamic Vinegar, Peach White Balsamic Vinegar.
64. House Olive Oil
- This is a blend of our favourite extra virgin varietal olive oils. You can count on this blend to wow your taste buds and is versatile with any food. Use as a base for a bread dipping blend or for your salad dressings, as well as for your everyday cooking.
65. Spanish Picual
- Like many Spanish olive oils, Picual has a medium body, smooth texture and sweet, buttery taste that finishes with a peppery kick that gives it an extra layer of flavour. It is an excellent choice for use as an everyday olive oil. Picual works beautifully in sauces and salads, and is a delicious counterpart to the more flavourful balsamic vinegars. For an appetizer, sprinkle it with assorted cheeses and spices and use it as a dipper for your favourite crusty bread. When warmed, Picual gives off the sweet aroma of ripe tomatoes.